Tuesday 23 September 2008

Nuffin-like-a-Puffin


Nuffin Like a Puffin.
Three cheers to The Book People and their re-launch of Puffin Post!
This iconic magazine and the equally enthralling Puffin Club was an exciting feature of my early childhood and I remember the zest and enthusiasm with which their events were regularly held. Nicolette Jones in researching her recent article for the Daily Telegraph kindly informed me that I myself had by a Puffineer prizewinner in younger days.
Last night's reception was inspired, and the re-launch of this worthy magazine at swish Kensington Roof Gardens had all the buzz and pazazz I remembered. Superbly supported, it was great to see a host of top names including Shirley Hughes, Jan Pienkowski and Claudio Munoz in attendance with rising stars like Emily Gravett alongside their generous contributions to the blind auction of artwork. We wish Puffin Post every success!

No comments: